Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blog Post #13

A Vision of Students Today This video was created by Michael Wesch. It really had my attention the whole time simply because it brought my attention to new things that have never crossed my mind before. If students learn what they do, then what are they learning sitting here? This was one of the first of many questions that popped up on this video and I found it to be very interesting. Those questions made me think. As the students started showing the signs of what they think and feel things got real. All of the students put up things that all of us as students feel.
Teachers should ask their students more about how they feel. Colleges today don't always seem to put their efforts into the right things. The one sign that really stuck in my head was the one that said only 18% of her teachers know her name. Presidents and teachers all around the world should make it a serious part of their jobs to make sure they know each and every students individually. There's no way a student can get the correct amount of instruction if no one is actually instructing them. I also think that a chalkboard is a thing of the past and technology is the best way to reach students. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't get to know your students though.

No comments:

Post a Comment