Thursday, September 20, 2012

C4T #1

Summarization of Karl Fisch's blog
I commented on Karl Fisch's "The Fischbowl." His blog was about an interview on a "Glee" star and how it had so much to do with his view on the world. He talked about how she knew she wanted to be a star but she also knew it was best for her to go to school and learn as much as she possibly could. Fisch was inspired by her story and wanted to use Benoist's ideas in his algebra class. My comment on Karl Fisch's blog
I liked how Fisch used this interview as a way to be better prepared to teach his algebra class. I told Fisch that all of his points made sense and how you never stop learning. Gaining new knowledge everyday is the best way to be successful in life. You can always use the new stuff that you've learned in a different aspect of your life. Summarization of Karl Fisch's Connected Learners at AHS
Fisch's second blog that I got to read was very interesting to me in the way that I didn't realize some things were still an issue in the world. The blog was about how he was trying to get enough funding for his school so every student could have access to their own laptop. He wanted them to have access rather it was just in the classroom or one that they could take home. He explained how funding was an issue, of course, and that he lived in an area where some students just couldn't afford their own. He brought this issue to his administration's attention and they agreed. Now their are programs in their school where certain classes need a laptop. They are trying to stress that money would not be lost in buying a laptop because the student could use it all four years. My comment on Connected Learners at AHS
This whole blog was very informative to me. I didn't realize that there were still places in the world that doesn't have computers in every classroom. I agreed that computers can be a great teaching tool for the students and every student should have access to one in order to learn new things. Money is always an issue with these things and there's only so much a teacher can do. I also agreed that funding would not be lost in the purchase of a laptop because it would be used far beyond school. Technology is a thing of the future and it is now a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment