Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blog Post #6

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving your childhood dreams I think it would be possible for anyone in this world to watch one of Pausch's lectures and not just envy him. This man gives me hope in the world and makes me want to be better. He feels that the only option in life is to live every day to the fullest and do everything in your power to achieve your goals. Pausch talked about fundamentals and how important they are. I have to agree with him because if you can't get the fundamentals on how to do something you will never know how to do it. He made a good point whenever he said that when your mentor starts ignoring you then you should be worried. When people are taking their time to help make you better then they really care about you and you should feel good inside. I feel that you do gain experience from the things that you never planned on doing in the first place. In order to learn new things you must do something you've never done before. Being a teacher is a much bigger responsibility than just standing in front of the classroom and talking about random things. Teaching is a huge role in a child's life. As a teacher you can always remind your students to follow their goals and not to give up no matter how hard it may seem. I really liked when Pausch talked about one of his student's Tommy and how he actually achieved his goal of working on the Star Wars movies. I also agree that everyone that you come into contact with has some sort of influence on your life rather you realize it or not. As a teacher, you will teach students many things and you will also learn from them. Every single day is a new learning experience and you have no choice but to live it up. You should always live every day as if it will be your last.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading over your post and found a few mistakes that can corrected. I think that this sentences needs to be reworded to make it sound better( I think it would be possible for anyone in this world to watch one of Pausch's lectures and not just envy him.)I think most of your ideals are great.A few of your sentence needs to be reworded.In the future try to read over your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think it would be possible for anyone in this world to watch one of Pausch's lectures and not just envy him." I think you meant impossible, not possible.

    You only skimmed the surface of the many things that Dr. Pausch had to say about teaching and learning. Your post could have been much better with a more thorough commentary.

    ReplyDelete