Sunday, October 21, 2012

C4T #2

Post #1-How do you help students reach thier yet? Erin had a really good point behind her blog post. She posted about a tweet that she read and added her input on the subject. She was talking about how teachers and adults tend to talk about students and say that he/she can't do that. The thing that adults don't realize is that students may hear those words and feel down on themselves and maybe even helpless. She feels that we should all do our best to use the word "yet" as often as possible. The word yet can make many changes in a childs life and can even motivate them to learn how to do the thing they're not expected to know. I really liked this post because it introduced something new to my life. I know, of course, there are many issues in the world. The use of vocabulary never phased me as an issue. I think she made a really good point in saying we should all do our best to use the word yet instead of don't or can't. If we say the child can't do it yet, it just sounds better because we will do our best to teach them. Every child should have a fair chance to find their yet. Post #2-Responsive Leadership
Erin does such a great job at saying what she feels on her blogs and I love it. This post was about how she loves listening to Sir John Jones and how he does such a great job at talking about motivation and capacity. Erin feels that you should always look for things to make your staff and peers want to be the best that you can. I really liked her post because it made me think about the types of motivation that I have in my life. I even picked out my own category that she talked about in her post. The Highly motivated and low level capacity was my favorite one. I felt like I could relate because I played ball and I understand that making goals and achieving them as a team is a huge accomplishment. Everyone should always strive to do the best that they can for themselves and others around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment